The Cape May County Library offers free Remote Internet Access (FRAS). You must have a current Cape May County library card and be a library patron in good standing to apply, and your computer must have both a Web browser and dial-up networking installed. To use this service, you must apply for a user name and password at any library branch. They will be sent to you by mail.
- Connections are limited to one hour at a time because of high demand, but you may connect as often as you wish. You can print and download to your computer and keep your own bookmarks / favorite links. Please be cautious and use virus detection software when downloading.
- The library does not provide e-mail accounts. There are many free email servers on the internet.
- The library is not responsible for the content of any web sites or of any programs you or family members may download to your computer. Parents are responsible for monitoring their children's internet use.
- If you need technical help connecting to FRAS, the help number is 609-463-6369. If no one is available to answer, leave your name, phone number, and a brief description of the problem and we will return your call as soon as possible.
- If you have questions about using the library catalog and how to search, call the Reference desk at 609-463-6352 for assistance.
- The library's policy on electronic access is the same as with all other materials and follows the American Library Association's Bill of Rights. Copies may be obtained from the library.
- Legal Matters: Illegal use of this system, as defined in the "computer-related crimes" section of the Code of Criminal Justice of the State of New Jersey, is prohibited. Any users attempting to trespass or tamper with the library's computer system will be prosecuted under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act USC 1030 (1991) and the New Jersey Code of Criminal Justice 2C: 20-25. By dialing in, you are acknowledging full and sole responsibility for any and all materials accessed through this system.